a few general points to help you with your planning:
- accommodation has been booked at the peace village for saturday 25th and sunday 26th may. we will also have an evening meal together there on saturday evening.
- we have 2 or 3 cars with us on the road which means that we won’t need to hire a van. this will certainly help keep the costs down.
- rather than a cycling shirt, we thought we’d get a tour t-shirt which we can wear for photos and apres-saddle! we’ll get it made in bethlehem and it will feature our new logo. if anyone has any views about any other kit please let me know, but we wanted to keep costs down wherever possible.
- it is not essential to raise money for this ride. many of us have raised a lot for amos in the past or are doing so this year on other adventures. however, we’d love it if you did! we are hoping that those who raise money will aim for a target of at least £200, as our tour will total about 200 miles. we’ll set up an event on the just giving site and contact you about the details soon.
- money – we’ve arrived at a figure of £85 for each member of the tour. this breaks down as follows (per person based on current exchange rates):
- 2 nights b & b – £48
- saturday evening meal – £9.50
- t-shirt – approx £7.50
- contribution to petrol costs: £7.50
- contribution to food kitty – £12.50
- these figures are estimates and we aren’t planning on making any profit! if there is any surplus, we’ll donate it to amos as long as no-one objects. i’ll be in touch again once we have set up the payment system for the ride.